ARE YOU UNDERWEIGHT?
This is an important question to ask yourself. Most people don’t know their body mass index, which is one of the determinants that shows your nutrition status. Being underweight is having a body mass index (BMI) below 18.5. This is less than the required body mass needed to sustain optimal health(although age is a major factor for this).
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF BEING UNDERWEIGHT?
Studies has shown that there is an increased risk of early death in underweight men, but not women, which means being underweight may be worse for men than for women’
THE DANGERS OF BEING UNDERWEIGHT?
Being underweight affects the function of your immune system negatively, increases your risk of infections, lead to osteoporosis, and cause fertility problems(especially for women) people who are underweight are much more likely to get sarcopenia (age-related muscle wasting) and may be at greater risk of dementia(decline in mental ability).
THE SOLUTION TO UNDERWEIGHT IS TO GAIN WEIGHT FAST! HOW TO GAIN WEIGHT FAST?
- Don’t drink water before meals. This will make you eat less and make it difficult to get in enough calories.
- Eat at least four times daily . Eat healthy high calorie meals and snack in between meal.
- Try weight gain supplements(use the one recommended by a certified dietitian/nutritionist. These supplements contain high amount of calories and nutrients e.g Creatine, protien shakes/supplement
- Eat large portion of food, try using a bigger plate. This enable you to eat more if you’re trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates might make you eat less food.
- Drink high calorie healthy drinks e.g tiger nut mixed with coconut and dates.
- Get enough sleep, good Sleep helps in muscle growth.
- Eat food rich in healthy fat such as avocado, peanut, white rice, whole fat milk, red meat, tubers, full fat yogurt, butter, etc.
- Increase your calorie intake by consuming more calories than your body burns.
PS: Being underweight is unhealthy just as being obese. “Being skinny doesn’t always healthy” People who are underweight are at a great risk of osteoporosis, infections, fertility problems and early death. The perfect weight is to have healthy weight i.e don’t be overweight and don’t be underweight
Please leave a comment for further questions, thanks.
2 thoughts on “How to gain weight fast, prevent being underweight with these tips”
Love you a bunch
Thank you ma, and thanks for reading